LG Smartphone was the most wanted gift. Online retailer, Amazon.com has released a chart of the most popular items purchased by consumers through its website in 2010 LG Smartphone was the most wanted gift on Amazon according to Amazon chart released yesterday LG Smartphone was Most Wanted Gift on Amazon Website.
Online retailer, Amazon.com has released a chart of the most popular items purchased by consumers through its website in 2010, along with the most popular gifts, and most wanted items.
However, in the section for "most wanted gift", LG's KP500 Cookie smartphone was deemed to be most desirable, yet it was Nokia's N900 smartphone that ended up as the top selling gift. Potentially a lot of people wanted an LG and got a Nokia instead.
The perfect balance of powerful computing and thrilling multimedia, the LG eXpo for AT&T is the first smartphone in North America to use the Qualcomm 1 GHz processor, which offers fast processing speeds for running multiple applications without losing performance. In addition to a responsive touchscreen interface, the eXpo offers a slide-out full QWERTY keyboard.
The LG eXpo smartphone with optional pico projector snapped onto the back.
The slide-out QWERTY keyboard makes editing documents and composing e-mail a breeze (see larger image).
This phone can quickly download video, music and more over AT&T's lightning quick HSPDA 3G network. Additionally, with AT&T's 3G network, you can listen to a conference call on a headset while sending and receiving e-mail attachments, picture messages or Web pages at the same time. It will also be compatible with AT&T's High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) 7.2 Mbps technology, which provides a considerable speed boost to the already fast AT&T 3G network.
The innovative LG eXpo includes an innovative fingerprint sensor for easy navigation and added security functionality--use it to quickly scroll and navigate within applications and protect sensitive information with biometric security that can only be unlocked with your unique fingerprint. It's also the first device in North America to support an optional integrated pico projector, which snaps onto the back of the device and allows users to share presentations, slideshows and even online videos straight from eXpo
It's powered by Windows Mobile 6.5, which includes a revamped Internet Explorer Mobile Web browser and a customizable Today screen that enables you to access the features and apps you use the most. You'll stay easily connected to your business and personal data on the go with support for a wide variety of e-mail accounts as well as the ability to edit Microsoft Office documents. And with the new Microsoft My Phone and Windows Marketplace for Mobile services, you can easily back up your data to the web and download great apps respectively.
This GPS-enabled phone can access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions as well as its Video Share service, which enables you to send video of yourself to another compatible phone while making a voice call. Other features include a 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with flash, video capture capabilities, Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g), Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity for stereo music streaming and PC tethering, and threaded SMS text messaging.
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSDPA/UMTS network as well as compatibility with foreign 3G networks while roaming (850/1900/2100 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability).
- Simultaneous voice and data with multi-tasking
- Quad-band GSM phone for good global voice connectivity (850/900/1800/1900 MHz bands)
- GPS navigation capabilities via AT&T Navigator service includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options.
- Blazing fast Qualcomm 1 GHz processor enables easy simultaneous access to multiple applications without sacrificing performance.
- Windows Mobile 6.5 operating system provides enhancements such as a touch-friendly user interface and improved browser with Flash support. Content and applications are just a fingertip away on the redesigned Start Menu and Internet Explorer Mobile supports the rich experiences you find on Web pages viewed on your PC.
- 3.2-inch touchscreen display (800 x 480 pixels, 16 million colors)
- Slide-out full QWERTY keyboard
- Smart Sensor fingerprint recognition from AuthenTec delivers a new level of added smart and personal security. The Smart Sensor complements the touchscreen user interface by also providing precise cursor control for text editing, 4-way menu navigation, and AuthenTec's unique turbo-scroll feature for rapid browsing of long e-mails, contact lists or websites.
- Optional integrated pico projector enables you to hold meetings anywhere and project images, video and Web pages up to a 40-inch screen size onto any surface. The optional projector weighs only 1.8 ounces and is small enough to fit into the palm of your hand.
- 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with built-in flash and 3x digital zoom.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots on the go.
- Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity with stereo music streaming (A2DP) capabilities as well as hands-free headsets and car kits. You can connect your laptop (either via Bluetooth or wired USB) and enjoy dial-up networking--surf the Internet, send e-mail, and access files from a server (additional charges or subscription applicable).
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB.
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, and MSN).
- Conversation view messaging displays messages in time-order from a contact.
- Web browsing via Internet Explorer Mobile
- Windows Media Player for digital audio and video playback
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
The LG eXpo weighs measures 4.45 x 2.24 x 0.65 inches. It has a 1500 mAh lithium-polymer battery for excellent talk and standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS). This phone is also compatible with 2100 MHz 3G networks (HSDPA) in foreign territories.
What's in the Box
LG eXpo handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, 3.5mm headset with adapter, quick start guide
High-speed data connectivity via AT&T's 3G mobile broadband data network: The dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network provides up to 3.6/7.2 Mbps of download speed, making it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless multimedia services, and it gives you the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services.
Additionally, this phone is also compatible with 2100 MHz 3G networks found in international territories. (For use outside the United States, an AT&T international data plan is recommended.) When traveling outside the U.S., you can enjoy wireless voice coverage in more than 215 countries and wireless data coverage in more than 185 countries--as well as access ultra-fast 3G mobile broadband services in more than 100 countries.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go.
The full-featured, premium AT&T Navigator GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search.
AT&T's Video Share service enables you to send a live, one-way video stream to another compatible phone during a standard voice call. The service also allows you to switch the direction of the video stream during the same phone call. (Customers must be in an area served by the company's 3G network and have a Video Share-enabled phone.) While using Video Share with family and friends is a fun way to communicate, it's also very useful for business. For example, a majority of users in the architecture, engineering and construction industries rated the ability to share live video through Video Share highly, according to research commissioned by AT&T. Video Share lets you see progress on a job site or review the day's work without having to drive from an office or other site to do so.
AT&T Mobile Music enables you to buy tracks while on the go, access the Napster and eMusic subscription music services, stream music video, discover what's playing with Music ID song-recognition software, and find out what's hot with The Buzz music news portal.
Windows Mobile 6.5 combines entirely new features with many enhancements to help you stay connected and manage your busy life. From a more intuitive gesture-driven interface (you can tap, drag, click, and pan) to a revamped Start screen, access and navigation are fast and easy. And with the new Microsoft My Phone and Windows Marketplace for Mobile services you can easily back up your data to the web and download great apps. With Windows Mobile 6.5, you can see alerts even if you're on a call or have password-protected your phone. You'll see new e-mail and text messages, missed calls and voice-mail notifications, and the date, time, and next calendar appointment. Other enhancements include:
- The new lock screen displays new messages and appointments without requiring that you enter a PIN when the phone is locked.
- You can easily customize your Today screen to display and access new e-mails, text messages, and other high-level information with a simple tap.
- The new Start screen provides ultimate access and control: quickly browse and open programs; easily customize program order (move the most used apps to the top) and add your favorite web sites.
- Internet Explorer Mobile provides a full, rich web viewing experience similar to the experience on your PC.
- The improved Windows Media Player Mobile lets you view full-screen video and provides audio and video playback enhancements, like pausing a song or video when you receive a call.
- Use the new My Phone Service to sync your phone and data to the web so it's backed up and accessible.
- Express your sense of style with designer-theme-based phones (like the new Halo design) or create your own custom themes.
- New MSN Widgets provide real-time information on weather and stocks.